[Coco] CoCoFEST - Video Streaming Via Skype

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 24 19:50:06 EDT 2014

On 25/04/2014 9:28 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Skype publishes bandwidth requirements for various activities:
>
> https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need
>
> If the internet access is the same as last year, you will not have enough
> bandwidth to support more than a handful of users, and that will only work
> if no one else at the fest uses the internet connection.
>
> Some of us have ideas for improving the internet access that may work, but
> Skype is still a bad choice for this type of thing.  I highly recommend you
> look at solutions that are designed for the task at hand.  Examples include
> ustream and Justin.TV
>
> In any case, I will be there and try to help if I can.

Yahoo Aaron!

But folks, it's not fair to Aaron to be the one monitoring the webcam on
the day.

Aaron could set up but it would be nice if people there could pitch in
at times of little activity to just move the camera and maybe tap a few
words to the chat to keep the rest of the global CoCo community informed.

I know, i know. "They haven't paid and gone to the effort to attend".

Yeah, then send me $1800 for the airfare from Australia and I'll be
there in an instant!   :)

Hence my suggestion for a paid subscription to attend remotely but this
is not yet available.

And by the way, I refuse to use Facebook. I have a problem wirth
Facebook constantly trying to hook me up with people I don't know or
even care about!

Nick