[Coco] CoCoFEST - Video Streaming Via Skype

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:28:57 EDT 2014

Skype publishes bandwidth requirements for various activities:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

If the internet access is the same as last year, you will not have enough
bandwidth to support more than a handful of users, and that will only work
if no one else at the fest uses the internet connection.

Some of us have ideas for improving the internet access that may work, but
Skype is still a bad choice for this type of thing.  I highly recommend you
look at solutions that are designed for the task at hand.  Examples include
ustream and Justin.TV

In any case, I will be there and try to help if I can.

-Aaron