[Coco] CoCoFEST - Video Streaming Via Skype

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 19:15:06 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone!

John Mark Mobley along with Bob Swoger and myself have been experimenting
with seeing how much bandwidth is required to stream the CoCoFEST using
Skype from John Mark's home.  We've tried to get a few others online in the
late night time during this test and so far it has only been the three of
us.  According to the network bandwidth meter I use on my laptop the total
bandwidth used has been between approximately 120KB to 160KB so John Mark is
going to try streaming the CoCoFEST this year to see how it goes.  We of
course don't know what the quality will be since both of us have decent high
speed bandwidth to the internet.  We'll just have to see what happens in
this regard.  This will be an interesting test at the CoCoFEST this year
since this will be the first time to video stream it using Skype.  I for one
am interested to see how this will all turn out.  My eyes will be glued on
my laptop all weekend as I will not be able to attend this year either.  See
you all there!  Take care my friends.

Kip