[Coco] 2764 EPROM vs 2864 EEPROM

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sat Sep 28 12:14:47 EDT 2013

On Sep 28, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> I think I asked this before on the list, but what is a good USB programmer for the EPROM/EEPROM?

I've been using this one that was on eevblog:

http://www.eevblog.com/2013/01/17/eevblog-411-minipro-tl866-universal-programmer-review/

I was able to program some 19V 2764s with it, but it won't do 25V ones. I also have issues with the software on a couple of Windows XP computers, but it works fine on my Windows 7 computer in the media center. It seems to not like certain video card drivers and will screw up the placement of things in the window and prevent maximizing. Have no idea what they did to create a dependency on video card drivers.

Would really love to find a way to use it from Linux from a CLI. Pretty much stuck with using their crappy software on Windoze.