[Coco] Drivewire 4: nos96809l1v030209coco2_dw3.dsk format??

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Sep 28 12:12:28 EDT 2013

Chad, first, this disk cannot be backed up to ANY format of standard os9 disk (virtual or real). It is only meant to be used with DW. This is in spite of my many requests to make these dw3 disks available in a STANDARD 35 trk SS/DD as well as a 40 trk DS/DD and 80 trk DS/DD disk image, not "instead of" but "in addition to" their current format, so they can be backed up to a standard Coco disk (virtual or real) using standard "backup" cmds in rsdos or os9.

2nd, I'm not sure, but I think the disks on Aaron's site were part of the bad batch before the repo was fixed as they are dated Jan 14, 2013 and the repo just recently got a remake... A typical case of someone not heeding their own "insistent" advice to "link" the repo downloads instead of "uploading" their own therefore providing the latest version   :-P
Try this link and get the equivalent disk image (same name) and try it again.

http://www.nitros9.org/latest/

I have personally checked most of these images and they boot properly ( at least the dw, becker, & std floppy).

Also, if you have any offsets set in hdbdos, you will need to set them to 0 to boot the disk directly from hdbdos.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com