[Coco] [Color Computer] Got my Coco out of mothballs...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 26 15:32:36 EDT 2013

On Thursday 26 September 2013 15:22:59 Al Hartman did opine:

> Gene,
>
> I try to avoid command line stuff as much as I can. Being bed-ridden
> makes using command line utilities slow and difficult.
>
> I'd rather point and shoot. It's faster than entering long paths and
> command line switches.
>
> I'm spoiled by GUIs. I admit it.
>
> I used not to be. But, that was a LONG time ago, when I could sit up for
> hours and use both hands to type. Now, I have to use one hand to hold up
> the laptop, and two fingers of the other hand to hunt and peck. It's a
> LOT slower.

I'd imagine it is.  Sounds like to me, that your next buy should be some
sort of a bed table that the lappy could be clipped to, leaving both hands
free to type on a perpendicular keyboard? Possibly with a small hook of
some sort, on a ball chain to hook over the top of the screen to keep it
from falling shut?  I don't believe my old HP lappy would stay open when
mounted to such a table.

Would that not be helpful?  Surly holding up the average lappy with one
hand while doing the huntin pecker scene (there an old, very old joke in
there someplace) can't be something you can do for hours on end.