[Coco] [Color Computer] Got my Coco out of mothballs...

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:38:40 EDT 2013

On 9/26/2013 10:42 AM, Al Hartman wrote:

> All I want is to be able to move files into and out of Coco .dsk
> images easily.
>
> Is that so much to ask for?
>
> -[ Al ]-

Honestly, it might be, basically because nobody has written a utility
with that functionality. Again, this is all FREE software and I
certainly DO appreciate the fact hat Aaron and other have taken the time
to make this software and that it's usable and relatively easy to use.

I gave you two options to work with dsk files and they didn't meet your
requirements - sorry, but those are the best tools that I'm aware of.

At least with VCC, you CAN manipulate the mounted disk images as well as
write to a real disk - again, it's not drag & drop - but, it did answer
your question.

You can use the wimagetool.exe tool that come with MESS0136b to move
files in and out of dsk images, but, it's not drag & drop.

If there are no tools that do exactly what you want, you have the option
to make your own. I'm not a programmer, and I am thankful for the tools
I do have at my disposal to be able to make disk images and real disks
as I need them.

Brian