[Coco] [Color Computer] Got my Coco out of mothballs...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 26 10:42:55 EDT 2013

Why is it nobody understands what I want to do?

I want to take a file, such as the Drivewire ROM image, that exists on the
PC as a file, and get that file over to the Coco.

I'd like a Windows based program like Explorer that will let you have a two
window display, one side being the PC, and the other being a Coco .dsk
image. Then, you can copy files back and forth, make a new Coco .dsk image,
delete files on either side, rename files on either side, copy or move files
from one side to the other.

Everything I've found is either confusing, or DOS only.

I can already write Coco disks on my Coco. I don't have 5.25" drives on any
of my PCs, except my XT which is not on my network, and without 640k, I
can't Laplink stuff to it.

There are no USB solutions for writing 5.25" disks on a modern PC.

Not all modern PCs even support having a 5.25" drive internally.

All I want is to be able to move files into and out of Coco .dsk images
easily.

Is that so much to ask for?

-[ Al ]-