[Coco] Blank PCB for EPROM-Based Cartridge

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 26 11:09:55 EDT 2013

Well, if you're willing to sacrifice the Typing Tutor Chip, I'd cut the pins
of the chip as close to the chip as possible, and then remove each pin. If
you don't use too hot of an iron, you shouldn't lift traces.

Then, put in a nice machined pin socket.

Another trick is to ADD fresh solder to each pin just before trying to
remove the solder. I use both a solder sucker, and desoldering braid.

If you do accidentally lift a pad, that can be repaired with a little wire
jumper to the socket pin afterwards.

Al