[Coco] Blank PCB for EPROM-Based Cartridge

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Thu Sep 26 10:42:04 EDT 2013

> I had a pleasant discover when I opened my Typing Tutor game pak:
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH1iptFCAAAETg2.jpg:large
>
> Yep, 28-pin EPROM :)
>
> I'm going to put a socket and use as eprom-pak.

I was hoping to do that with a number of the old carts I have
but attempts to remove the old chip usually results in some
of the lans lifting making the card unusable.  I suspect they
were made as cheaply as possible and there was never any thought
to re-purposing of them in the future.  :-) or in my case :-(

I am considering striping the boards and just running little
pieces of wirewrap wire between an EPROM Socket and the fingers.

But new boards would eliminate the need for that.  :-)

bill