[Coco] lwtools on Windows

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sun Sep 15 02:18:47 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-14 23:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But your use of what I have, which is now about 3 months old, for lwtools
> in particular, will need an assembler or compiler that runs on windows.
> Since M$hit doesn't think the user has any business building his own, I
> have no clue what choices you have to successfully build it on windows.
> The 00README.txt file does not mention windows, and a quick inspection of
> the Makefile indicates its written in more or less pure *nix language.
>
> Perhaps MinGW can build it?

For the record, the official distribution point for lwtools is
http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/.

lwtools is known to build under mingw and I have reports of it working
under cygwin. However, I don't officially support Windows so building
under mingw and cygwin do not get tested regularly. Since I don't have a
Windows system to build on, I don't provide Windows binaries either. I
used to build binaries with a cross-compiler (mingw as it happens) but
that proved to be a lot less stable than one would hope.

If someone wants to apply to be the official "lwtools on windows" guy
and make sure it builds and/or provide windows binaries, ping me off
list and we can discuss it.