[Coco] Trying to find SuperDriver and HDB-DOS

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 15 01:56:27 EDT 2013

On Sunday 15 September 2013 01:22:23 Brian Goers did opine:

> On 9/14/2013 4:44 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> OK
> >> Toolshed and NitrOS9
> >> Thanks for the info.
> >
> > As you've likely figured out by now, you will also need lwtools to
> > build them, which is why my script pulls the latest version of that
> > first.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> What? Wait. I use programs not build.

Chuckle, all 3 of those now come as source.

> I haven't built or done a make of
> a program ever.
> In college the C compiler program I used was on one 3 1/2 inch floppy.

Chuckle, and I still have a copy of SAS/C for the amiga, 7 880k disks IIRC.
With two manuals each in 3" ring binders.

> It looks like I'm going to learn new programming procedures.
> OK, can do this. Now to collect the tools. And have some fun.
>
> Also how is your web site. Is it back up?

The old address at <http://coyoteden.dyndns-free.com:6309/gene> may resolve
yet.

Apparently it depends on the mood dyndns.com is in, and the relative phases
of the moons of Jupiter I suspect.  But note the port has changed to 6309
from 85. Part of the connection problems may have been shentel now has port
85 blocked.  Its difficult to traceroute yourself. :(

The card service at the registrar I am going to use to actually buy the
name rejected my card because it expires at the end of this month, and
despite requesting a fresh one from the bank, it hasn't arrived yet.

But your use of what I have, which is now about 3 months old, for lwtools
in particular, will need an assembler or compiler that runs on windows.
Since M$hit doesn't think the user has any business building his own, I
have no clue what choices you have to successfully build it on windows.
The 00README.txt file does not mention windows, and a quick inspection of
the Makefile indicates its written in more or less pure *nix language.

Perhaps MinGW can build it?

I don't honestly know Brian, since I have zero windows machines here,
everything runs linux. All 5 of them.

> Thanks

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

Some people cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
         law-abiding citizens.