[Coco] serial port problem

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Oct 31 19:36:26 EDT 2013

Mathieu, Drivewire uses special software and protocol to run the Coco at 115200 baud. This is why I say old baud rates do not apply. You do not "set" the baud rate for dw4 on the Coco. That is done in hdbdos and Os9 drivers. Leave the baud rate at the default value.

I do not know what is wrong with the Linux version of the dw4 gui, but I'm pretty sure there are a few here who could answer that for you that use linux and dw4. I use windows only so I can only vouch for the windows gui which works pretty well.
I may set up a VBox with linux so I can run some tests and see what is going on.

But remember, when you run the Simple Config Wizard in DW4, leave all settings at their default other than your computer selection and your com port. The baud rates are set automatically for certain Coco modules by default.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com