[Coco] serial port problem

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 12:53:18 EDT 2013

You can try to updating the DW first (Tools -> Update)

I use it on Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Lubuntu without any GUI problem.

Also, you can use any unexpensive RS232 dongle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-to-RS232-serial-DB9-Adapter-4-XP-Vista-Win7-Female-Screw-FastShipping-USA-/230911838342?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item35c36b0886

I use one of this with linux and it works fine.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>wrote:

> Le 2013-10-31 à 10:27:00, Robert Gault a écrit :
>
>  You can do this by bridging cable lines inside either the PC or Coco
>> connectors. I'm not sure where I got this info but you could try it. I'm
>> sure I have my cable set this way.
>>
>> PC DB9 connector - bridge lines
>> DB9 6 to DB9 4
>> DB9 7 to DB9 8
>>

> I had done this at first, and then I realised that the serial cable I have
> does not connect any pins apart from RX, TX, GND (which are DB9's 2,3,5).
> The cable does contain enough wires to connect everything, but I think that
> this is a custom-built cable made by someone who got lazy. I had another
> cable but I threw it away earlier this year because I hadn't used a RS232
> port since about 12 years (and luckily, I didn't throw away both cables).
>
> I could find a way to to the bridges inside the cable's plug on the PC
> side, but I don't know why that would make 4800 bauds begin to work, when
> currently 2400 already works. For example, it can't be a flow-control issue
> yet, it doesn't look like that (otherwise, at least *some* characters would
> go through correctly).

Long live the CoCo