[Coco] serial port problem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 31 22:25:01 EDT 2013

Le 2013-10-31 à 19:36:00, Bill Pierce a écrit :

> Mathieu, Drivewire uses special software and protocol to run the Coco at
> 115200 baud.

Well, it's so special, that I don't even know whether it uses the cable at
all. I downloaded hdbdw4cc3 onto the CoCo using CLOADM:EXEC, and started
DW4 on the Linux machine, but now all I get when I DIR from the CoCo is
?IO ERROR.

BTW the port detection problem is fixed already : I had to change
permissions on /dev/ttyS0 (COM1).

> This is why I say old baud rates do not apply. You do not "set" the baud
> rate for dw4 on the Coco. That is done in hdbdos and Os9 drivers. Leave
> the baud rate at the default value.

Look, the reason for using Terminate and UltimaTerm is to test that the
cable is able to talk at high enough speeds to make it likely that
Drivewire would work. With the above setup, I don't know what's going on.

On the CoCo3 in HDBDOS 1.4 DW, I also tried this :

DRIVE OFF
BACKUP 0 TO 4
?IO ERROR (after a few seconds of reading nonvirtual drive 0)