[Coco] ack!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri May 31 21:52:36 EDT 2013

Wayne, The Level 3 that Curtis is referring to is a complete rewrite of RBF & SCF by Alan Dekok that lock's their modules into their own address space allowing more contegious memory for the whole boot file. It was never used in NitrOS9 as it was never stable. Through the years it was forgotten by most as it was known by even fewer. Alan had a website which (I think) is on the wayback machine or one of those website archives, explaining the whole process, but the file links are long gone. The main module sources (only 2) are in the nitros9 repo but all the supporting patches to the other modules were (seemingly) lost. Gene has worked with this recently but ran into problems trying to include drivewire as the dw drivers/descriptors reside both in rbf and scf which is a no-no in the Level 3 setup. I don't know if he got it to boot without dw... Gene?

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com