[Coco] BASIC09 - How good is it?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue May 14 05:58:48 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Oh? So there is no editor apart from the standard OS-9 one?

You can use any text editor.  Basic09 has a built in line based editor
that is much nicer than using for instance RS basic's interpreter,
but not as nice as a modern text editor.

> Surely someone has written a programmers editor for OS-9 by now?

Sure, there are lots of them.

> And does this mean that I can't type a program and immediately run it to see
> if it is working?

You can, but only by using the built in line based editor or basic09
in interactive mode.

> I run my code hundreds of time in the course of creating my program.
>
> Compiling each time would drive me nuts.

You'd probably prefer to become familiar with the built in editor then.