[Coco] Bug in DW4Man

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat May 4 20:12:22 EDT 2013

I've recently found a bug in DW4Man and using the interface with Vcc. If you try to read a PC's HD while in "normal" speed (vcc overclock), it will freeze the OS9 system. You must run the overclock function at least about 2 "clicks" (about 71.520 Mhz) for DW4Man to run properly. The problem is between my DW4 driver and the Vcc Becker port buffers. I am current;y re-writing the drive to try to solve this problem. Some slower machines may have to clock even faster.
As far as I know, DW4Man will run fine on a real Coco 3. Mine is currently out of order so I can't do any tests right now till I get it fixed so if you have any problems on a real Coco 3, please let me know.

Thanks

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia