[Coco] Multi-Processor 6809 Computer System

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:34:57 EDT 2013

the 6309 is more efficient when in native mode than 6809. Would be a good
start doing a FPGA socketed chip that would be efficient as possible
running on same 1.78 mhz  ? Just remove the 6809 and plug this one. This
would boost a lot the speed without needing to mod the machine and make
complicated overclocks.

Not a computer engineer expert but IFAIK only scalar architectures can
achieve 1 cycle per instruction by pre-fetching and pipelining instructions
and predicting branches. But on a coco machine what would be smaller cycle
count ? 4 cycles ?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Retro Canada <retrocanada76 at gmail.com>wrote:

> do you know where can i get one of these? i have a composite to vga but
> i'm looking for a RF to vga.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2013-04-30, at 8:07 PM, "John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 04:44:20PM -0400, Louis Ciotti wrote:
> >> Don't have a coco 3 so those RGB converters will not work.  Only other
> >> option is getting the composite signal out of the coco1/2 then to a
> >> converter.
> >
> > I have a number of boxes that are analog TV (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) receivers
> > with VGA output.  They work great -- I carry one in my CoCo "exhibit"
> > kit that I use for Fahrfall in particular.  Easier than making the
> > modifications required to get composite video from a CoCo 1/2!
> >
> > John
> > --
> > John W. Linville        Someday the world will need a hero, and you
> > linville at tuxdriver.com            might be all we have.  Be ready.
> >
> > --

Long live the CoCo