[Coco] Multi-Processor 6809 Computer System

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 12:22:28 EDT 2013

Speaking of graphics coprocessors and memory footprints: the solution would
be to get the 6[38]09 out of the business of doing graphics at such a low
level. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManaGeR, which discusses the MGR
graphics system. (If you had a, oh, gee, what was it called, the AT306, or
MM1/b? You'll recall that Carl Kreider had it going, and the Wikipedia page
refers to a fellow named Carsten Emde and  an article he wrote about MGR
and OS-9. The link is broken, darn it.)

I really hope that an insistence on total wart compatibility doesn't kill
off CoCo advances. Again. (Does anyone have a copy of Kevin Darling's
CompuSever post titled "You're Killing the CoCo!"? I managed to not save
one.)