[Coco] Nitros9 version question

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jun 9 16:28:26 EDT 2013

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 14:31:00 -0400 (EDT)
Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> I know there is a copyright in the "init" module in Nitros9, but this
> isn't present in original Tandy OS9. In all versions, (Tandy &
> Nitros9) the CC3Go/SysGo modules contain a copyright also. This is
> the first lines printed to your screen when you boot, before the
> startup message. The only problem here is that a lot of people like
> to use Ded to edit this (myself included) and make their own logo.
> But I guess, unless someone else knows a way, this is where I will
> have to start. I was hoping there was a data area that included the
> version somewhere in init or the kernel or a syscall that would
> return the "OS9Vrsn", "OS9Major" and "OS9Minor" values from the
> sources. But I think these are only used by the cross-assembler for
> convenience in assembling the sysgo logo with new versions and not by
> the system. I don't think they are actually stored anywhere other
> than the logo.
>
> Bill Pierce
> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

	In NitrOS9, the Level and Version numbers are stored in the
Init module. See init.asm for the offsets and os9.d for the values used
when Init is built. You could link to the Init module and read them.

	I'm pretty sure they do not appear in 'real' OS9.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Rayanne:  You wanna have sex with him
Angela:  Well, either sex or a conversation.  Ideally both.