[Coco] Nitros9 version question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jun 9 18:44:16 EDT 2013

Thanks Chris, I'll look into that. I figured it was going to be a Nitros9 exclusive answer anyway.

I checked init, and not only did it give me the version, but the Level as well :-)
Now to come up with a "simple" way to do this....
The offset in Level 1 & 2 seems to at $17-$1A... Level, OS9Vrsn, OS9Major, OS9Minor. $1B seems to contain the 6309 flag as well.
In checking the repo, this seems to hold true all the way back to Phoenix Beta and no further, which the only thing before that was Alan's DeKok's experiments, commercial NitrOS-9 and Tandy/Microware OS-9.
So I can safely assume for now, these bytes will hold these values in all NitrOS-9 version to the present.

Thanks again

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

	In NitrOS9, the Level and Version numbers are stored in the
Init module. See init.asm for the offsets and os9.d for the values used
when Init is built. You could link to the Init module and read them.

	I'm pretty sure they do not appear in 'real' OS9.