[Coco] Nitros9 version question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jun 9 14:31:00 EDT 2013

I know there is a copyright in the "init" module in Nitros9, but this isn't present in original Tandy OS9.
In all versions, (Tandy & Nitros9) the CC3Go/SysGo modules contain a copyright also. This is the first lines printed to your screen when you boot, before the startup message. The only problem here is that a lot of people like to use Ded to edit this (myself included) and make their own logo. But I guess, unless someone else knows a way, this is where I will have to start.
I was hoping there was a data area that included the version somewhere in init or the kernel or a syscall that would return the "OS9Vrsn", "OS9Major" and "OS9Minor" values from the sources. But I think these are only used by the cross-assembler for convenience in assembling the sysgo logo with new versions and not by the system. I don't think they are actually stored anywhere other than the logo.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com