[Coco] ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 5 09:48:54 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 09:31:15 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> This is exactly what I'm seeing, but the level3 directory is not
> >> building. Question is:  Is it _supposed_ to build as part of the
> >> general 'make' flow or is there a separate step required?
> >>
> >> Is anyone else seeing a makefile in the 'level3' subdirectory?  Hard
> >> to see how it builds without that.
> >>
> >> Steve
> >
> > I copied and edited several makefile files, and updated the defsfiles
> > to match the new defs.  It builds, but puts the 6808 dsk's in the
> > 6309 tree, so something is obviously amiss there.  As to the build
> > actually being useful, I have serious doubts about the 6309 stuff as
> > I believe nitro.asm probably needs edited to handle the 63/68 diffs.
>
> Thanks for the reply, Gene.  I had gone down the same road, but blew all
> that work away when Boisy mentioned having fixed things.  Unfortunately,
> the latest code from Hg still fails to build, so I'm not sure what
> happened with his work.
>
> No big deal either way, though, I have puu-hhh-lenty of things here at
> the ranch to keep me occupied :-).
>
> Steve

I know that feeling well.  My tiller's gearcase is on a table in the back
yard, needing split to see if I can re-design the detent to holds it in
whatever gear it in as its stuck in full fwd.  Its a common problem with
that gearcase design, so common even new ones that use that gearcase,
sitting on the front sidewalk at Lowes for sale at about a kilobuck, are
also frozen.  9 d*mned years in the field, a well known problem, and its
still not fixed.

Then because the skirt of the probe on my DSO201 didn't come with a cover
for when the snap on hook is removed, it touched grounded stuff while
attached to the floating control circuits neutral, and blew both the
control interface and the controller itself.  I've rounded up 90% of the
semiconductors, but so far haven't managed to swap enough chips to fix
either one.  I don't think the power scr's are hurt, and its likely the
problem in the interface is a bad 74LS240, which is made out of unobtainium
at digikey, so the 74HCT240 will have to be used.  The motor controller
uses a pair of LM324's, which somehow didn't get ordered.  I have another
of those MC60 controllers (fleabay purchase) on a ups truck someplace,
headed my way.  But it hasn't fallen on onto my front deck, yet...

Amazingly the MOC3052 used for the scr triggering isolation, is a moisture
sensitive device!

I may need the lathe that isn't working to be able to fix the tiller.

Yeah, the ranch has its priorities too this time of the year.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
		-- Sam Brown, "The Washington Post", January 26, 1977
         law-abiding citizens.