[Coco] ack!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:43:15 EDT 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2013 21:38:28 Steven Hirsch did opine:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Lothan wrote:
>>> If you cd nitros9, what do you get from hg paths, hg tip, and hg head?
>>>
>>> $ hg paths
>>> default = ssh://lothan@hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code
>>>
>>> $ hg tip
>>> changeset:   2829:ed9a4cb85fb3
>>> branch:      lwtools-port
>>> tag:         tip
>>> user:        boisy
>>> date:        Sun Jun 02 15:30:19 2013 -0500
>>> summary:     Fixed makefiles and defsfile for level 3
>>>
>>> $ hg head
>>> changeset:   2829:ed9a4cb85fb3
>>> branch:      lwtools-port
>>> tag:         tip
>>> user:        boisy
>>> date:        Sun Jun 02 15:30:19 2013 -0500
>>> summary:     Fixed makefiles and defsfile for level 3
>>>
>>> The tip and head in this case should be the same if you're on the
>>> lwtools-port branch, which I think you already are. If you are on the
>>> default branch, I think head would show the head revision/changeset
>>> of the default branch.
>>
>> This is exactly what I'm seeing, but the level3 directory is not
>> building. Question is:  Is it _supposed_ to build as part of the
>> general 'make' flow or is there a separate step required?
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing a makefile in the 'level3' subdirectory?  Hard to
>> see how it builds without that.
>>
>> Steve
>
> I copied and edited several makefile files, and updated the defsfiles to
> match the new defs.  It builds, but puts the 6808 dsk's in the 6309 tree,
> so something is obviously amiss there.  As to the build actually being
> useful, I have serious doubts about the 6309 stuff as I believe nitro.asm
> probably needs edited to handle the 63/68 diffs.

Thanks for the reply, Gene.  I had gone down the same road, but blew all
that work away when Boisy mentioned having fixed things.  Unfortunately,
the latest code from Hg still fails to build, so I'm not sure what
happened with his work.

No big deal either way, though, I have puu-hhh-lenty of things here at the
ranch to keep me occupied :-).

Steve