[Coco] CYGWin Error was ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 5 09:30:08 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 09:24:51 Bill Pierce did opine:

> I finally got CYGWin to build Nitros9, but I'm running into an error(s)
> that's causing several system not to build. Here is the error:
>
>       2 [main] sh 36004 fork: child -1 - forked process 36596 died
> unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code -1073741819, errno 11 /bin/sh: fork:
> retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> I have no idea how to fix this and a lot of stuff is not building due to
> this error. Any ideas?
>

> Thanks
> I have no idea how to fix this and a lot of stuff is not building due to
> this error. Any ideas?

It sounds a bit like a permissions problem, Bill.  Either of ownership, or
of some functions like fork, being a root only function and you're not
root, or whatever windows uses to indicate/enforce superuser privileges.

What does the cygwin environment do to enforce a separation between users?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
People who push both buttons should get their wish.
         law-abiding citizens.