[Coco] ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jun 2 20:56:40 EDT 2013

On Sunday 02 June 2013 20:51:15 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Lothan,
> So far all has gone well up to step 6 with the exception of a ton of
> "warnings" in the lwtools build. No errors though. I may have missed a
> support file as that part wasn't explained thoroughly. i.e. step 1
> "etc..." When one knows NOTHING of the system, "etc.." is absolutely
> useless. A full list is needed as to what needs to be included. The
> Cygwin installation was painless, but not knowing "what" to include as
> "etc." isn't a Cygwin option. It's these kind of instructions that
> killed OS-9 for newbies in the 80s and 90s. I'm not saying you were not
> helpful or that I'm the average unknowledgable user, but when details
> matter, they should be included. I just downloaded the defaults as I
> didn't know what else to include. I already had Mercurial installed on
> my system from a previous attempt at creating my own repository for
> something else. I assumed it would work and it did. I don't know if I
> missed anything else.
>
> Here's what I get in step 6.
>
> This works fine:
> hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code nitros9
>
> This gives an error:
> hg update lwtools-port
> "abort: no repository found in 'c:/cygwin/home/username' (.hg not
> found)"
>
> So what am I doing wrong here?
>
> Bill Pierce
> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

You will need to cd to the nitros9 sub-directory the above command should
have created, the .hg directory is in the root of that one.

It might also be a good idea to do a

hg branch lwtools-port

before the below line

>     hg update lwtools-port

Then this one should work.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
"...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."
(By Matt Welsh)
         law-abiding citizens.