[Coco] ... and now on Ubuntu 13.04...

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Tue Jul 16 20:53:52 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-16 17:51, Gene Heskett wrote:
> According to nitros9's cmp, around 66 bytes are different.  If it was just
> the two versions of the time, I'd suspect only maybe 30 bytes of diff.  But
> this is the only sysgo that was built with lwtools, everything else I have
> was built with mamou, and its obvious the src code has been massaged to
> make it build with lwtools.  However, there's no record of those edits in
> the module's srcfile header area.
>
> So much for good record keeping. Gotta love it, not... :(

cmp will report a lot more bytes different than really are different if
a portion of the module changes length, as might be the case with "dts",
for instance, or a ,pcr reference that lwasm is using 8 bits for when
mamou used 16 bits.

As far as record keeping goes, that's part of the whole point of using
mercurial or git or cvs or subversion or .... Those tools keep the
history so you don't have to spam the actual file with its own history.

For what it's worth, it doesn't look like anything at all was changed in
sysgo to work with lwtools. None of the commits for it are at the right
time nor do the messages for them indicate anything related to lwtools.