[Coco] ... and now on Ubuntu 13.04...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 16 23:17:27 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 16 July 2013 23:07:41 William Astle did opine:

> On 2013-07-16 17:51, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > According to nitros9's cmp, around 66 bytes are different.  If it was
> > just the two versions of the time, I'd suspect only maybe 30 bytes of
> > diff.  But this is the only sysgo that was built with lwtools,
> > everything else I have was built with mamou, and its obvious the src
> > code has been massaged to make it build with lwtools.  However,
> > there's no record of those edits in the module's srcfile header area.
> >
> > So much for good record keeping. Gotta love it, not... :(
>
> cmp will report a lot more bytes different than really are different if
> a portion of the module changes length, as might be the case with "dts",
> for instance, or a ,pcr reference that lwasm is using 8 bits for when
> mamou used 16 bits.
>
> As far as record keeping goes, that's part of the whole point of using
> mercurial or git or cvs or subversion or .... Those tools keep the
> history so you don't have to spam the actual file with its own history.
>
> For what it's worth, it doesn't look like anything at all was changed in
> sysgo to work with lwtools. None of the commits for it are at the right
> time nor do the messages for them indicate anything related to lwtools.

Neither of those 2 'macros' are in a version from May 2003.

The dtb is in a copy of 3.2.6 dated in 2008, but not the dts.

I was not aware that dtb was even a mamou capability.

At any rate, thanks for the fix.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
If you cannot in the long run tell everyone what you have been doing,
your doing was worthless.
		-- Edwim Schrodinger
         law-abiding citizens.