[Coco] make case sensitive?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Jul 15 09:55:16 EDT 2013

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:14:05 -0400 (EDT)
Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Gene, there's one disk that's 4 meg!!
> I checked it and it's:
> Nitros96309L2030209coco3_cocosdc.dsk
> free /d0 says:
>
> Capacity: 18,432 sectors (1 sector clusters)
> 15,981 free sectors,largest block 15,981 secotrs
>
> Why is this disk so huge and so empty?
> I know the Sierra disks are being made large enough to hold all the
> game disks and save files, but this is just a nitros9 boot disk...
> There's nothing special on it. It's just the superdriver boot. I
> think there are a couple of others as well.

	Cause the makefile sez:
$(DSKCOCOSDC):
	$(RM) $@
        os9 format -t1024 -q -e $@ -n"NitrOS-9/$(CPU) Level 2"
	[...]

	(Because you are obviously not familiar with makefiles, the $@
becomes the object of the rule, nos96809l2v030209coco3_cocosdc.dsk)
	And 1024 tracks (double-sided) is 4 Meg!

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
If UNIX is the revenge of the nerds, the rest of the industry is the
football team and the cheerleading squad trying to produce a science