[Coco] 3.5 drives was drive motors

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Sat Jul 13 12:18:01 EDT 2013

On 13/07/2013 17:12, Lothan wrote:
>					Way back in the day I had a
> couple of Teac 3.5-inch drives with drive select jumpers, but (as Gene
> indicates) these may be as rare as hen's tenth today.

Indeed though I have seen a fair number that have solder pad jumpers,
that can be changed using a soldering iron and a blob of solder.

Something that does sometimes need changing also (though not on the CoCo
or Dragon), is the function of pin 34, some systems need this to be
ready, whereas on PC drives it is generally disk change, I've also seen
pad jumpers for this too.

Cheers.

Phill.