[Coco] Korean Coco 2 question

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Jan 22 15:03:36 EST 2013

There are very few issues with Color Basic 1.2; however by the time this
unit came out Extended Color Basic was popular.  Programs written for
Extended Color Basic will generally error out with a SN (syntax) error.
You should be able to upgrade to 64K with eight 64 by 1 chips and a jumper
and there should be an empty 24 pin socket for Extended Color Basic.
Finding a Extended Color Basic chip will be the trick though.  Once you have
64k however you could load Extended Color Basic to RAM from tape.  A bit of
a PITA but it is doable.  You cannot however run Disk Extended Color Basic
without Extended Color Basic.  And loading Extended Color Basic and Disk
Extended Color Basic from tape rarely works.  Also it does not take much of
a blip to crash a system running from RAM.

Bruce W.