[Coco] Korean Coco 2 question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 15:07:29 EST 2013

Jeremy, My first Coco was one of those very models. As far as the difference in not having ECB... A BIG difference. You cannot do any hi-res graphics from basic, there are a lot of BASIC cmds that people think of as standard that were introduced with ECB. Some graphics based ML games will not run as some programmers used rom calls to ECB for their graphics routines. Some will run fine. The 16k CB machine is capable of graphics, but at a memory loss as a grpahics screens can use up to 6k each and can only be used by complex assembly programming. There is a lot that can be done with the machine but with a lot of limits. I had mine for about 9 months until a friend bought me a 64k machine because he wanted me to have the same system he did so I could teach him to program. He traded the new Coco for my old one as he was going to use it for programming robotics... he never did.
Overall.. it's a good machine, just a bit limited.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com