[Coco] Interbank Incident for Drivewire

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Thu Jan 3 12:28:00 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net>wrote:

> Could you set it up as PMODE 3 style screen (as far as the VDG/GIME is
> concerned), and then set the palettes to match the basic 4 artifacted
> colors (black,red,blue,white)?

This is actually a more common patch for a lot of the older games for
working with the CoCo3 and RGB monitors.  I believe the same patch was used
on P-51 as a example.

Personally doing the patch or using a CoCo3 on a composit port the text
looks the same so really doesn't matter.  So I would say having a patched
version for PMODE 3 should work fine for those with the CoCo3.

Personally it was easier for me to read the text on those older games on
the CoCo3 and a RGB monitor in black and white :D  I guess it really comes
down to what each person likes and dislikes are in this area.