[Coco] Mamou bug ?

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Sat Feb 23 01:49:37 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Luis,
> Another thing to check is if you have cmds merged with the shell. As long
> as the whole merged file is less than 8k, you should be ok. If you have
> cmds merged with the shell and it's over 8k, then you need to either
> eliminate the cmds or at least trim down to less than 8k. Also, a common
> practice was to load a "utilities" merged package in the startup which
> should also stay below 8k or actually just eliminated.
> I'm not sure how NitrOS9 level 1 handles the memory, but the original
> level 1 had to have "contiguous" memory to run a process where as level 2
> doesn't care as long as there's "enough" memory. It seems also, that level
> 1 had a bootsize limit as well but I don't remember for sure.

Plus as of right now the only thing that I have done testing with is
DriveWireServer using just a trimmed down boot file and making sure that
only the same CMDS that were used on the orig game boot disk were used from
NitrOS-9 L1.

Now I do not have Mickie's game to test, but I am assuming you could do the
same thing with that Mickie's game that has been done with Interbank and
CaveWalker.