[Coco] MAMOU bug?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Feb 2 20:38:41 EST 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 17:55:19 -0500
"Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)" <retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, nobody will not agree this is the law, but should the law be
> enforced in this case, for games that are not for sale in the last 25
> years?

	YES, the LAW IS THE LAW!! If it is NOT enforced, it is not the
law.

> Before you tell me all laws must be enforced because they are the
> law, just take a look on the dumb laws you have in your state just
> for start:
>
> http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california

	And the 'fact' that some other laws are dumb makes what
difference to this discussion????

> Second, enforcing this law will ultimately lead to the extinction of
> all your work. Why ? Well eventually all diskettes will become
> unreadable, many users from 80's are at the end of their lives and
> their collections being disposed at the garbage.
>
> So, a preservation of the Coco porfolio must be done. Because they
> are pop culture, history.

	I'm reasonably sure that Steve is smart enough not to rely on
antique technology to store HIS property!

> Did you ever consider selling electornically your games on ebay ? For
> a small price, you can send the .DSK, a thanks email and even a pdf
> of the cover art, booklet and sticker ? People buy stupid games on
> their iphones why a coco lover won't pay for the beloved games of
> their youth ? Not that you will become rich from that but this way
> you're not just killiing all your hard work.

	This would be a good idea, except for the fact that he will no
longer be able to control 'pirate' distribution. I'd buy some of his old
games on disk or tape, if he decides to offer them.

> Felipe.
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
> > No, they are not in public domain.
> >
> > If you post them you are breaking the law.
> >
> > The law is the law.
> >
> > And I do send out take down notices to the ISP when I find them
> > posted illegally.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On 1/24/2013 10:32 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Steve,
> >>
> >> Let me ask you one thing. The games you made for the coco, are
> >> they public domain ? Because they are all wide spread on internet
> >> like coco archive or .vhd images but they aren't available from
> >> your web page or even L. Curtis Boyle game list. What makes me
> >> think they aren't in fact PDs.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Felipe.
> >>

> > --

Christopher R. Hawks
--
"I can't get involved -- I've got work to do!"
		-- Luke Skywalker, speaking for Swarthmore students