[Coco] CoCo keyboard connector.

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Wed Feb 13 07:36:48 EST 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:12:41 -0600
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> What is the CoCo 1/2/3 keyboard connector? I remember it being a
> ribbon cable on my CoCo 1, then it was some kind of thin (mylar?)
> ribbon on the CoCo 2/3.
>
> What does it plug in to on the motherboard? And on the keyboard
> itself? I need to find a source for those connectors for my USB
> keyboard interface project.
>
> Any tips?

Allen:

	The 'HAWKSoft Keyboard Extension' used a 34 pin floppy drive
connector to connect to the keyboard (slid to one side) and a 40 pin
IDC plug to plug in to the motherboard. (looks like a 40 pin chip).

> I am going to be documenting some of my research on a website I have,
> and will crosspost CoCo related items to the list as I get to them.

	The teensy (http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/) works fine to connect a
CoCo keyboard in place of a USB keyboard (great for MESS). Still working
on generating keys that the CoCo doesn't have.

Christopher R. Hawks
--
They have recently announced an atomical sized abacus, made with Bucky
Balls . . . Certainly not useful information, since one could not