[Coco] CoCo keyboard connector.

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Wed Feb 13 00:48:54 EST 2013

Hi,

Some months ago I started the same idea: using arduino to emulate a CoCo
keyboard, I had a CoCo with a broken keyboard. Luckly (or unfortunately for
the project) I could fix the keyboard and the project stopped before the
first test. (I don`t want to push my luck and burn the PIA controller :-).

All the small advances (pre alpha) were logged at (
http://www.ranaur.net/coco-keyboard).

This first version UNTESTED, were meant to simulate a key on the KEYIN
routine, reading an ASCII byte from the serial port. If this worked, I
would add the USB host to the arduino board and see what happens.

Remember that I never tested it on a real CoCo!!!!

I used only leds to simulate, as shown in the video. So DON'T BLAME ME IF
THIS EVER BURNS YOUR 6821.

As the old Dijkstra said "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only *
proved* it *correct*, *not* tried it" :-)
Disclamer said, I hope it helps you. Contact me if you have any question.

And good luck!