[Coco] Multipak troubleshooting (or It's Dead, Jim! :-)

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:53:09 EST 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Aldo Lagana wrote:

> Whew!  This early 80's stuff is some solid electronics.

Amazing, isn't it?  I have little expectation that any of my Pee-Cee
systems will be operational in 10 years - nevermind 30.  The old stuff
just keeps truckin'.

A friend of mine picked up an Osborne 1 for me at a garage sale ($5.00!).
After blowing the dust out of the drives and cleaning and lubing the head
slide-rails, it booted first shot.  This unit had probably spent 30 years
in the corner of someone's basement.

Steve