[Coco] Cocopedia update

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:12:37 EDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013 6:15 PM, "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Thanks for your efforts to this obviously complex system.
>
> Have you ever had the opportunity to compare Basic09 with MW Basic for
the 68000 version of OS9?

> I'm sure that those few of us here who still use the MM/1 and/or other
OS9/68K computers would be interested to know whether there is enough
similarity to be able to construct a version of DCom/decode for Basic/68K.

> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Yes, I did. Back when DCom was new, I decided to write a technical book on
the subject of both Basic09 and MW Basic. That work, so far as I know, was
never completed, but I believe Alan Sheltra printed or planned to print it
in the OSK'er magazine he produced.

He had a TC70 and allowed me to begin to unravel OSK Basic. I quickly found
the differences in OSK Basic to be more than I was capable of comprehending
at the time.

I did enough work to note the differences between both basics in terms of
headers and commands. OSK 2.4 was the last version to contain the Basic
language. I believe it could be done, if one has the time to spend doing
the un-ravelling, and a knowledge of OSK registers.

I plan to add a OSK Basic page to cocopedia containing what little I know.

Wayne