[Coco] The myth of the Coco3 256 color mode :)

Wed Apr 17 00:32:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

I was interested in digital camera shots of the CoCo screen. Having the
original picture to compare with would be nice. Need not be the original
density, cameras produce such huge files today that a graphics program (I
have two) would reduce the size easily.

A static display, something like the 64 color display that I have seen
photos of would help.

I want to really believe that 256 colors are displayed, not that I do not
trust you.

Digital cameras are more trustworthy to capture a better screen shot IMHO.

My CoCo's have been turned off for many years, then before only to copy
disks. Disto controller died taking a CoCo3 with it and I lost interest in
hardware. I have 3-4 SCSI drives on the pile to go to the recycler. No, they
are not available. Nothing in my electronics room is considered working, one
person on the list can confirm that I sent him bad hardware.

My AVS shots have been of my HDTV display, I do not think I had a digital
camera when I was using my NTSC TV.

Wait, I have some CoCo NTSC shots on mm, but I cannot find them. A 64 color
display one may be close by.  (Please do not post links.)

The method used to create the utube may not do justice to the demo. It just
looks way too bad.

I have one tuner card that anyone asking how to capture NTSC video is told
to scrub his hands with brillo pads for three hours to stop them typing
anything like that again.
My other three HTPC tuners may do a better job, but a $16 device from Fry's
was said to do the best job.

The DECB starting screen says to me that a better way needs to be found.

SHF