[Coco] The myth of the Coco3 256 color mode :)

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Apr 16 23:35:34 EDT 2013

Brian wrote:

>> Stephen,
>>
>> Not sure how your question relates to the 256 color mode, but I have no
>> trouble taking digital camera pictures and converting them to .dmp format so
>> that they can be loaded on a Coco3 using my program mentioned in my thread.
>> If you wanted to use Roger's Projector-3 program, there are many more options
>> for loading digital pictures.
>>
>> If I can figure out how to place an image on www.tandycoco.com/forum, I'll
>> post one of the Coco3 256 artifact CMP HMODE4 screen shots. Since my program
>> will scroll over a picture larger than the screen, you won't see the entire
>> image.
>>

> Robert,
>
> There are two methods to post an image.
>
> 1. If the image in online, you can use the IMG tag to post it.
> 2. You can simply upload the image file - this option is under the post section
> of a new post or reply.
>

> Brian

Thanks Brian. I've uploaded an image to the forum hoping it would display when
reading the message. It did not, but anyone can click on the link to see the image.

This was taken at a nature area in the Detroit suburbs. The bucket is about
50-75 feet up in a tree and has been an owl nest for several years. The
naturalists say this is the first time that 3 baby horned owlets have been
successfully raised. They were very excited to see the picture I took. There is
considerably more detail in the photo than can be seen via the Coco3 in HMODE4
artifact mode.
The Nikon P510 has a 42x zoom lens and the picture was hand held.