[Coco] rebuild NitrOS9 with superIDE

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:03:31 EDT 2012

Hi,

I don't even touched my original CF :), I made a backup and use
another one. For every try I make a "dd" from the image to have a
fresh CF.

I can't use the floppy and the sIDE/CF at same time as I don't have a
multipak. I need to make the floppy using drivewire (boot the NOS-9 DW
and make the floppy on /d0, backup from floppy to a DW DSK image and
then, unplug the FDC and plug back the sIDE). Then using sidewalk i
put the DSK image on CF. Finally I use link.bas to link it. I tried
other virtual drives with no sucess.

It says NitrOS-9 BOOT FAILED after reading the clock modules. Nothing
else. Like it didn't find the IDE or something else.

I don't get this "unmodified" floppy. I need a floppy with boot_ide
track as well as all the ide modules on it right ? A floppy that boot
from the FDC controller has no use for me since I cannot use the sIDE
and the FDC at the same time.

And how can I use the drivewire and the floppy ? I converted the
hdbcc3.wav to bin and saved it into a floppy. So
loadm"hdbcc3.bin":exec put me on drivewire using the FD-500. :)