[Coco] 80-column cartridge for CoCo 1/2?

Ken H. dragon.atv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:22:53 EDT 2012

The Dragon had similar add-on board called Dragon Plus.
It provided an additional 64KB of RAM and an 80 column text mode driven by
an MC6845 with its own 2KB buffer.

The board plugged into the SAM socket on the motherboard, with the SAM
being placed on the Dragon Plus board and also required one of the BASIC
roms to be moved to the Dragon Plus board with a ribbon cable plugging into
the vacated socket. The 80 column display required an additional monitor
socket to be provided on the Dragon case as this used its own composite
video output circuit.
It was marketed by Compusense, which also included OS9 Level 1 80  column
display drivers and RAM disk driver for the additional 64KB. The OS9
drivers are in the Dragon Archive downloads section.