[Coco] cowin vs cogrf question

Wed Oct 17 20:00:12 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Secondary silly Q: A fav technique to keep from having to rewrite the
> wheels that make all this work, is to 'dot source' an included file.  I
> have in mind if this is possible using shell+, to make a master bl that
> looks like this:
>
> nitro
> . scf.bl (read in the list of scf related modules here)
> end
> . rbf.bl (read in the rbf related modules here)
> end
> . remaining.bl (etc, starting with krnp3, init, yadda yadda)
>
> sort of a list.  Is this possible with our shells?

I forgot to reply to this Gene. Maybe neither is what you want.

OS9GEN is just a merge program with the list of files to merge on standard
input (Use < for a file).

Forgetting about the problem of writing of track 34 which I fixed by first
doing a Cobbler and then deleting OS9BOOT first it works quite well.

That's how I rebuilt the "C" Library after fixing the abort routine that did
not write the first byte to "core" making the matching up "core" dumps with
the linker map off by one. :-II

--------------------------------

The ShellPlus 2.1 parts to do what you want are not included in NitrOS-9 and
the needed patches which should have been applied to ShellPlus were not, and
they are not supplied either in NitrOS-9 AFAIK.

Plus an additional routine was rewritten by the NitrOS-9 eliminating needed
functions.  It is Scr.. badly.

Lots of changes I would like to do to restore ShellPlus to it's glory that
will break lots of scripts and user habits. Part of the reason I see a need
to break from the past.

BTY, I wrote a Basic09 Preprocessor to handle #Include files that also might
help.

SHF