[Coco] cowin vs cogrf question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Oct 17 19:20:27 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 17 October 2012 19:11:17 Retro Canada did opine:

> I do it. I write on my /IH drive. But you need to use os9gen with -S
> option, otherwise you are going to have a Disk Id Change error.

Does that not go away with a reboot though?

And I have forgotten what the -S option does.  According to help, that is
the single drive option, but...  I am not "os9gen"ning to /dd, but to /sh,
which is pointing at the default floppy image on the hard drive, which is
$80 such images beyond the end of the os9 partition on /dd.  So I don't
believe it will be a concern since the first "dir /sh" will cause ioman to
also refetch the LSN0 info in order to locate the root directory.

Theoretically, problem solved. ;)
So I'll no nuke all but about 3 of the /n descriptors, which may get me 2
or 3 pages of ram back.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Think twice before speaking, but don't say "think think click click".