[Coco] Colorful_Sled_6ed Was: Tutorial on Telnet/inetd on Coco3 DW4 (is there one?)

Fri Oct 12 11:10:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gene Heskett" <gheskett at wdtv.com>

To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:54 AM

Subject: Re: [Coco] Tutorial on Telnet/inetd on Coco3 DW4 (is there one?)

> On Friday 12 October 2012 05:50:35 Stephen H. Fischer did opine:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do not believe it.
>>
>> Proof that someone in the world is using Colorful Sled ED6.
>>
>> Amazing.
>
> Its also amazing how well its hidden, I have not been able to find a copy
> to download. I have scred, which I've never made usable, but sled eludes
> me. URL please?

Sure:

http://coyoteden.dyndns-free.com:85/gene/Genes-os9-stf/Colorful_Sled_6ed.LZH

Or

ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/.LZH

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Sled Filename #Lines #GWidth

Filename is optional, if present
will be read.

If Lines is present, filename
will be read but only #Lines.

If screen type is Graphics and
Gwidth is present and greater
than reported screen width it
will be honored.

NOTE! Each Parameter requires
the parameter(s) before it.

After the graphics screen is set up with a shell try "sled filename * 105"

It has been twenty years, I must be doing something wrong with VCC, I cannot
get a graphics window set up to test.

I did not like Basic09's line editor so I added this:

------ For Basic09 full screen editor -----------
Series Output.
Entire file is output to file
and file closed.
File name is first unused single
character file name when sled starts
and does not change unless ALT CTRL F
is used to set it to another name.
------ For Basic09 full screen editor -----------

The edit session is not closed and the same file is written as many times as
desired.

Basic09 will replace just the procedure with the load command and the rest
of the procedures are not effected.

Remember to save your editing, using Basic09 is best so all procedures are
saved.