[Coco] Tutorial on Telnet/inetd on Coco3 DW4 (is there one?)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 11 18:02:08 EDT 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 17:47:46 Bob Devries did opine:

> Hi Gene,
>
> I'm using the exact inetd.conf as was supplied:
>
> 6806 telnet protect banner,login,

and mine is:
6809 telnet protect banner,login,
6810 proc,

So other than the port#, the first line is identical.  Me goes off in
search of dinner, scratching thinning hair.

And I just tried it again, and it worked!:
NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2 V3.2.9 on the Tandy Color Computer 3  2012/10/11
17:39:58

User name?:

Process #03 logged on   2012/10/11 17:39:59
Welcome!

Welcome to NitrOS-9 Level 2!

Shell+ v2.2a 12/10/11 17:39:59

{N2|03}/DD:dir

 Directory of .  2012/10/11 17:40
BOOTTRACK       CMDS            DEFS            HDBDOS11.DSK    MAXTOR
MODULES         NEWBOOT         NITROS9         NOS96309        OLD-
FAITHFUL
OLDCMDS         OLDDEFS         OLDSYS          OS9Boot         PcDos.doc
PcDos.doc1      Pcdos.lzh       SRC             SYS             SysGo
TempBoot        UTILS2          UTILS2.tmp      asm.src
boottrack.hd
startup-101112  cc3go           devel           discscan4floppy dskini
dummy           ekodrvr         gene            old-sysgo       print-
test.b09
startup.old     startyup        sysgo-sept-2010 sysgo.asm
sysgo_dd-3.2.8
sysgo_dd-3.2.9  test.p          utils2.merge-list
nos96309l2_dw3.dsk              startup         BASIC09.stf
dsavenitros9.out
UBox3a.lzh      Ultimuse_UM3Play_Patch.lzh      UMUSE38         UMUSE39
grfdrv          s.prompt        umdoc911.lzh    ume38110.lzh
ume39111.lzh

{N2|03}/DD:
------------------------

15+ times before it didn't.  And I did not pluck any magic twanger!  I
don't own one that I know of...

Its got to be more dependable than that though before I can tear down the
serial cable & remove that system ram eating stuff for /t2 support from the
boot file.

After dinner I may go see how it goes if I reboot everything.

> I forgot to mention, that my USB<->RS232 dongle plugs into a powered
> 8-port usb extender, which is plugged into a usb-2 port on the pc. And
> yes (shame) I'm running winders :)
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Bad habits. Contagious I hear. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You may get an opportunity for advancement today.  Watch it!