[Coco] Tutorial on Telnet/inetd on Coco3 DW4 (is there one?)

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:18:07 EDT 2012

Gene, I used IP address 127.0.0.1 instead of my *real* IP.

I used the inetd.conf *exactly as described, although I can't see any reason
that any number can't be used, but I don't have knowledge of that.

At the display you're getting, you should be able to press ENTER to
kickstart the coco's login module, which then responds like this:

User name?:

Process #04 logged on   2012/10/11 17:46:28
Welcome!

Welcome to NitrOS-9 Level 2!

Shell+ v2.2a 12/10/11 17:46:29

{N2|04}/DD:dir

 Directory of .  2012/10/11 17:46
OS9Boot         CMDS            SYS             DEFS            sysgo
startup         NITROS9         rel

As you can see, I didn't use any username, cos my password file isn't yet
created.
I set it (TeraTerm) to use IPV4 protocol.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Bob Devries