[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri May 25 09:39:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:25:39PM +1000, John Kent wrote:

> >I'm with you folks, but the devel kits from either maker will not install
> >or build on this particular version of linux.  So my chances of doing
> >anything useful, at least until I switch distros, are pretty close to zip.
> >Sniff...
>
> The Xilinx Software tends to be for RedHat Enterprise. ISE8.1 and
> EDK8.1 used RedHat Enterprise 3 where as i think the latest version
> which might be 13 I think might work on RedHat Enterprise 4.

	http://www.xilinx.com/ise/ossupport/index.htm

It claims to work on RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 (as well as SLED 11).

	http://whats.all.this.brouhaha.com/2010/07/15/installed-xilinx-ise-webpack-12-1-on-fedora-12-x86_64/

Some seem to have installed it on Fedora without issue.  Not surprising
that Fedora 12 would work, as it was very close to what became RHEL 6.
I don't know if Fedora 16 would work as well or not, but it might be
worth a try?

> I'm told though that ISE/EDK 8.1 will run on CentOs 4.?, CentOS
> being the Community Enterprise version of Linux. I think CentOS is
> up to 5.? or maybe higher. I'm not sure what the equivalent version
> is to RedHat Enterprise 4

CentOS release numbering corresponds directly to the RHEL release
they are copying/rebuilding (i.e. CentOS 5 <-> RHEL 5).  Unless an
application explicitly refuses to work on anything but RHEL, it will
almost certainly work on CentOS.  Ditto for OEL and other distros that
(more or less) simply rebuild RHEL.

John